Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Moving the Furniture

Barbara Joe Speaks

Now that the "How I Met My Sweetheart Contest" deadline has passed, I'm proud to announce that we have ten winners who may have their stories published in February 2007. And the winners are:

1) Aleigha Butler, Atlanta
2) Alesica Smith, Cleveland
3) April McDermid, Tallahassee
4) Vien Jernigan, Tallahassee
5) LaShaunda Hoffman, St. Louis
6) Juanita E. Thomas, Tallahassee
7) Anne Haw Holt-Webb, Tallahassee
8) Shauna Stephens-Batts, Miami
9) Sherille Fisher, Houston
10)Francina Roberts, Tallahassee

I would like to thank them for their participation because I look forward to publishing their various stories. I'll post more information as we get closer to the release date. But I see a party in the making!

In addition, I've moved on to another project titled "Moving the Furniture: 52 Ways to Keep Your Marriage Fresh" in response to my anniversary blog. Apparently, there are alot of married and single people looking for relationship advice who want to capitalize on my twenty-five years of marital experiences and guess what? I'm willing to share. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to publish this book until February 2008 due to my other commitments for next year. But don't worry, the time is going to pass quickly, and we're going to have fun in the process. The book is going to be labeled as a Marriage Handbook giving couples something different to do for each week of the year to help keep their marriage fresh.

I'm asking for participants to send in one sentence, one paragraph, or one page with their contributions or suggestions for the book. If your comment(s) is selected, it will be published, and you will be given full credit for your submission. Isn't that exciting? I've already been flooded with emails this week, and I'm still looking for more until the end of the year. I want this book to be full of information and it will be with your cooperation. So keep the ideas coming and I'll keep writing. Lots of love...

Comments:
Thanks Barbara for this opportunity.

LaShaunda
 
Congratulations LaShaunda and all of the winners! Look forward to reading your stories.
 
Barbara I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my writing! I cannot wait to read all of the stories!
 
Congratulations to everybody! I am anxious to read everybody's stories. Thanks for this awesome opportunity Barbara.
 
I'm very excited about this opportunity! It's going to be my husband's anniversary gift, which is coincidentally February 2007. If we can make it happen, I would like to get everybody's autograph. Looks like it'll have to travel around the country for that. Congratulations all, and thank you Barbara for this opportunity. You are truly an inspiration. I am in awe of all that one woman can accomplish when she decides to pave the road for herself!
April
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?