Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Little Rock Book Tour

I must say that the Little Rock Book Tour surpassed my imagination. I mean I was treated like royalty everywhere I went by everyone that I met. Of course, it was great to spend time with my family and get to meet new people from all walks of life that were interested in reading, writing, and publishing. I have to give a special shout out to Dr. Rhonda Mattox from the "Bumblebee Enthusiasts Bookclub" for making all of the engagements possible and transporting me around town in-between her working hours. She has been and continues to be my strongest supporter and I love her for that. Now if I miss anyone or if anyone feels left out, I sincerely apologize because it's impossible to remember all the names but let me try to get all the places right. The tour started with a book signing at Barnes & Noble in North Little Rock where I was greeted by a fantastic staff. Then, I moved on to the Black Community Developers, Inc. program celebrating Women's History Month as their guest speaker. Next, I spent the evening with a terrific class at Pulaski Technical College hosted by my friend, Ms. Muldrew. The next day was spent at Philander Smith College with a workshop on Self-Publishing with a group of interesting students. The University of Arkansas in Little Rock (UALR) was kind enough to host a book signing on the last day of school before their Spring Break. The traffic was a little slow but we still moved about a dozen books. Friday evening was spent signing books at the Calypso Bay Restaurant in Hot Springs. If you're ever in the area, you don't want to miss this fantastic eating place with a warm combination of Island and American foods prepared by a five star chef. Saturday afternoon was spent at the Williams Library with another workshop on Self-Publishing and a reception hosted by the friendly library staff. Finally, I spent Saturday night with the "Sistahs of Color Reading Group" hosted my Ms. Lareeta Robinson, helping them celebrate their fourth anniversary with authors Brenda Jackson and Marcia King-Gamble along with Sherice Smith, a reviewer for Romance Divas on-line magazine. I even took a picture with Brenda Jackson, got an autographed copy of one of her books, and sold a few of my own books in the back of the room. Now I ask you, could it get any better than that? Like I said in the beginning, it surpassed anything that I had imagined or prepared myself for. I hope that everyone who purchased a book from me or simply stopped by to say "hello" will contact me sometime in the future with a few words of encouragement. Because all of you have certainly inspired me to keep writing, keep working, and keep doing something. So in closing, I'm asking you to keep in touch with one sister who loves receiving e-mail and reading responses to her blogs...

Comments:
I wish I was with you. You must have had a great time and to meet Marcia King-Gamble and Brenda Jackson, too!!!! I think I read they both live in Florida. Anyway, fans are always thrilled about meeting the authors they enjoy. I know meeting you had been great!!! Here's wishing you more success with your book. I'm soooo anticipating your next one.

Wordz Addict
 
Barbara I'm so glad to meet you! The gathering was amazing! Everyone was so gracious. Come by www.romancedivas.com anytime. We would love to have you.I'm positive you will find all kinds of words of encouragement.

Sherice Smith
 
Barbara,
It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you. I know you were smiling in that photo with Brenda Jackson.
 
I second Sherice - stop by any time. There is so much more to Romance Divas than just reviews!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?